Free Checking with No Minimum Balance
Are you looking for a hassle-free checking account with no minimum balance requirements? UECU’s Rewards Checking Account makes managing your finances simple – avoid monthly service fees, earn reward points on your daily purchases, and enjoy the convenience of anytime banking.
- No minimum balance requirements
- No monthly service fees
- Low initial deposit of $25
- Direct Deposit available
- Free Checks – first set of checks is free1
- Free Advantages Visa® Debit Card™ with Personal Identity Theft Coverage2
- Nationwide ATM Surcharge Rebates – Up to $8 per month
- Overdraft Protection available
- 24-Hour Account Access with Advantages Online™& the UECU Mobile Banking App
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Convenient Mobile Pay Services with a UECU Debit Card and Apple Pay™, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay
- Free Online Bill Pay with eBills and Payment Reminders
- .25% off new term loans3
- Rewards – Earn 1 VantagePoint™ for every $4 Spent4 with your Advantages Visa® Debit Card™. Choose E-Statements for your UECU account and earn DOUBLE the reward points on your purchases.5 Points can be redeemed for cash-back, loan rate discounts6, and gift cards at many national retailers.
Ready to Get Started?
Call 800.288.6423 or Open Your Account with Advantages Online™.
Open Account Forms and Disclosures
1. Limited to one style.
2. When you activate your Advantages Visa Debit Card™ you automatically receive Personal Identity Theft Coverage (at no cost to you), up to $2,500.00, to pay for expenses you may incur as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event. Identity Theft Coverage provided by Indemnity Insurance Co. of North America. Certain limits and restrictions apply.
3. An active UECU Checking Account (at least one transaction per month) provides a rate reduction of .25% APR that can be used on new term loans only. Rate reduction cannot be used on Visa Power Card™, Home Equity Loans, Mortgages, or Lines of Credit.
4. Earn 1 point for every $4 spent on Visa purchases. ATM cash transactions or cash advance transactions are not eligible to earn points. Points are earned net of credits.
5. Advantages Visa® Debit Card™ holders, who sign up for E‐Statements, earn 1 point for every $2 spent on Visa purcahses. ATM cash transactions or cash advance transactions are not eligible to earn points. You must be enrolled in Advantages Online™ to sign up for E‐Statements.
6. Rate reduction can be used on a new loan only. Rate reduction cannot be used on Visa Power Card™, Home Equity Loans, Mortgages or Lines of Credit. Maximum loan principal limit of $100,000 when redeeming a VantagePoints™ rate reduction.
Checking accounts make life easier and at UECU, you also earn rewards! Using them responsibly saves you money too.
Federally Insured by NCUA
2019 © Utilities Employees Credit Union. All Rights Reserved.
At Utilities Employees Credit Union we are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website for every visitor in accordance with ADA standards and guidelines. If you are using an auxiliary aid or a screen reader and need assistance please visit our accessibility page and use the contact information to be connected to a UECU Representative.
All products and services available on this website are available at Utilities Employees Credit Union at 11 Meridian Boulevard in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.