Holiday Double Points – Sign Up Now!
Make your holiday shopping really count! DOUBLE your rewards when you use your Visa® Power Card™ and your Advantages Visa Debit Card™ November 28th through December 31st, 2019! Sign up† to earn DOUBLE the VantagePoints™ so you can enjoy DOUBLE the rewards each time you use your UECU debit and credit cards for your purchases – from your gifts and decorations – to groceries and gas for your holiday parties and traveling.
SIGN UP†now to Earn DOUBLE POINTS November 28th– December 31st, 2019!
Sign up by:
- Logging into Advantages Online™ or the UECU Mobile Banking App and opting-in to the promotion
- Contacting the Credit Union at 800.288.6423
Holiday Shopping Tips
- Make a list – To ensure that you don’t miss anyone, make a list of all the people you need to purchase a gift for, include family, friends, teachers, pets, mail carrier, etc.
- Set a budget – Avoid overspending by creating a budget and designating a dollar amount for each person on your list.
- Research prices online – Before you make any purchases, price check your items online to find the best deals. Don’t forget about free shipping – these costs can wipe out the savings you received on the items.
- Take advantage of higher discounts for Black Friday and Cyber Monday – Check the websites for your favorite stores to see what deals they will be offering, many stores now offer these specials even earlier.
- Use your rewards cards for holiday shopping – Don’t forget to sign up for Holiday DOUBLE POINTS so you can earn double the VantagePoints™ on your UECU Visa® debit and credit card purchases November 28th – December 31st.
- Purchase a gift card for the fussy people on your list – With a Visa gift card, they can choose what they really want. If you live near UECU’s headquarters in Wyomissing, PA, you can purchase Visa gift cards at the Credit Union.
- Avoid last minute shopping – Procrastination can cost you big time. When you are rushing to find gifts, you may end up spending much more. Try to set up some time leading up to the holidays to shop, set reminders on your calendar and phone.
- Adopt a child or family in need for the holidays – Make a donation or give a gift to those less fortunate in your community. Many nonprofit organizations like the Salvation Army even offer options for online donations. Your generosity can make a big difference in someone’s life.
Card Safety Tips
- When you receive a new card, sign the back right away. And, don’t store your PIN in the same location as your card.
- Protect your account and card numbers by not giving them out over the phone unless you initiated the call. If you receive a suspicious email or text message and the sender requests your account information, don’t respond. Contact the financial institution or merchant to verify that the request was legitimate.
- Keep your contact information current and opt for paperless statements. You don’t want sensitive information or statements reaching the wrong person because you didn’t update your mailing address.
- Secure your mobile devices and networks – set up a secure firewall on your computer, download and install software updates regularly, and install antivirus software.
- Review your daily payments and purchases, and set up alerts for your cards and accounts. Use the UECU Mobile Banking App or Advantages Online™ to monitor your transactions. If something doesn’t look right, contact the Credit Union right away. To set up alerts for your UECU accounts, log into Advantages Online™, select Services, and E-Notifications™. To set up alerts for your cards, visit the Services page on the UECU website and select Visa Purchase Alerts. Follow the steps for enrollment.
- If you lose your cards or believe they have been stolen, contact the Credit Union immediately. With the Card Controls service, you can also turn your cards off or on in minutes with your computer or mobile device. To access Card Controls, log into the UECU Mobile Banking App or Advantages Online™.
*Points earned on Visa purchases. ATM cash transactions or cash advance transactions are not eligible to earn points. Points are earned net of credits. Members enrolled in UECU’s E-Statement service earn 1 point for every $1 spent on debit card transactions during the promotional period; those not enrolled in E-Statements earn 1 point for every $2 spent. DOUBLE POINTS for the purpose of this promotion cannot be combined with DOUBLE POINTS earned on the first 30 days after receipt of your new card. Members will earn DOUBLE POINTS 11/28/2019 until 12/31/2019 but this promotion can be terminated at any time.
† Must sign up to earn DOUBLE POINTS during the promotional period. Members may sign-up beginning 11/5/2019 by logging into their UECU account with Advantages Online™ banking to opt-in to the promotion, by calling UECU’s Member Service Representatives during business hours at 800-288-6423, or by completing a sign up form provided by UECU for this promotion to members via email.
Federally Insured by NCUA
2019 © Utilities Employees Credit Union. All Rights Reserved.
At Utilities Employees Credit Union we are actively working to increase accessibility and usability of our website for every visitor in accordance with ADA standards and guidelines. If you are using an auxiliary aid or a screen reader and need assistance please visit our accessibility page and use the contact information to be connected to a UECU Representative.
All products and services available on this website are available at Utilities Employees Credit Union at 11 Meridian Boulevard in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.