Utilities Employees Credit Union is pleased to offer an
annual Student Scholarship Program. Our scholarship contest
is for UECU members who are heading to or currently
attending college or advanced training at an accredited
institution. (Students must be existing members or be eligible to
become a Utilities Employees Credit Union member prior to the
scholarship submission deadline.)
Students who are UECU
members may elect to submit an essay, create a video, or both,
on the current year’s scholarship contest topic. The year's contest topic will be announced in the first or second month of the year - check back for the topic announcement here on UECU's Scholarship Program webpage, www.uecu.org/scholarship .
Two scholarships of $1,000 each are currently being awarded each year following UECU's judging of the entries.
UECU Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Entrant must be a UECU member in good standing with a Share Savings Account in his/her own name. Find out how to become a
member online or call Member Services at 800-288-6423.
- Member must be a high school senior through college graduate student.
- Member cannot be an employee of UECU, its affiliates, a UECU board member, a supervisory committee member, or family member
and/or living in the same household thereof.
- Member must be attending or accepted at an accredited college, university, or post-secondary trade school.
- Member must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (transcripts will be required of winners only).
- Member must submit an entry with name, address, valid email address, phone number, UECU member number, name of
college/university, GPA or equivalent progress measurement, and a
list of honors and activities.
- Member may submit a 250-500 word essay on this year’s topic (To Be Announced):
will be judged on content, style, and correct spelling,
punctuation and grammar.
- OR Member may elect to create a video and broadcast it on YouTube.com. The video should be 30-90 seconds
on this year’s
topic (To Be Announced):
The videos will be judged on creativity and content. Submit the
YouTube.com link for the video to UECU by mail or email.
- The entry information (essay or video YouTube.com link AND required contestant information)
can be emailed to Promotions@uecu.org
or mailed to Utilities Employees Credit Union, P.O. Box 14864, Reading PA 19612,
Attention: Marketing, no
later than April 30 of the contest year.
Prizes: Scholarships are made payable to the college or university of
choice in the winner’s name by August of the contest year.
Deadline: Completed entries and essays must be received by April 30 of the contest year.
Entry Judging Criteria: The essays will be judged on spelling,
punctuation, grammar, style, and content. The video will be judged on
creativity and content.
Scholarship Award: Two winners are selected to receive $1,000 awards if they meet the scholarship eligibility
Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email and asked for
transcripts and other verification of information. After all information is
verified, a check will be distributed to the school of each winner. The
winner will be announced on the UECU website and in UECU’s Member News.
Release: All entries become the property of Utilities Employees Credit
Union and by submitting the entry you authorize UECU to utilize all or a
portion of the information for purposes of press releases and/or
publication in UECU newsletters, website and social media content,
newspapers, trade magazines, etc., announcing the scholarships
recipients’ names, contents of the entry, and other reported information.