Rates from 3.75% (Variable) APR
UECU’s Share-Secured Visa® Power Card™ preserves your Share Savings Account balance while having funds available when you need them. Enjoy the flexibility of a credit card without the stringent credit guidelines usually necessary to qualify. It’s a WIN–WIN situation!
- Save money with a LOW variable rate by securing the funds in your Share Savings Account as collateral while continuing to earn dividends on those funds.
- Improve or rebuild your credit for a future of financial well-being.
- Earn REWARDS - for every $1.00 spent you will receive one VantagePoint™.* Use those points for gift certificates, cash back or loan rate discounts.
Call 800-288-6423 Ext. 4001
Share-Secured Visa® Power Card™ Benefits:
With the UECU Share-Secured Visa® Power Card™ you can apply and be approved for a credit limit up to the amount currently available in your Share Savings Account. The amount of the credit limit is put "on hold" in your account but you continue to earn interest on these funds. What could be easier?
Benefits of the UECU Share-Secured Visa® Power Card™:
- Low variable rate See rates page.
- Rate is based on Wall Street Journal Prime Rate (“index”) plus 0.00% (“margin”) and may vary and adjust accordingly.
- This card is 100% share secured which allows for a lower rate than our other credit cards.
- Looking for a card that offers rewards? The Share-Secured Visa Power Card™ offers VantagePoints™ - a rewards network that can be used towards cash back, gift certificates and loan rate discounts! Receive 1 VantagePoint™ for every $1.00 spent*.
- Save money with no cash advance or balance transfer fees. UECU does not charge you a percentage of the amount you advance or the amount you transfer from another credit card. Most credit card companies will charge you anywhere from 3.00% to 5.00% of the amount advanced or transferred.
- Balance transfers and cash advances have the same LOW rate as purchases.
- No annual fee, no transaction fee, no inactivity fee, no minimum finance charge.
- Free auto rental insurance
- $250,000 travel accident insurance
- Free Warranty Manager - DOUBLES the manufacturer’s warranty up to 1 year.
- Free price protection if you make a purchase with your Share-Secured Visa Power Card™ and you find the item for less, Visa will refund the difference.
- Personal identity theft protection at no additional cost.
- Fraud protection, including Fraud Alert Management account monitoring.
- Zero liability for unauthorized use.
- Verified by VISA online shopping protection.
- Security and service – UECU offers a secure credit card and if you encounter a problem you actually talk to a live person…not a machine.
- Convenient Visa E-Statements are available at no cost
- 25-day grace period on purchases if balance is paid in full.
- Cash advances may be obtained via an ATM displaying the PLUS symbol or at a financial institution displaying the Visa symbol.
- Convenience checks available upon request for easy cash advances.
- Flexible payment methods via AutoPay (includes internal transfer from UECU deposit account or transfer from another financial institution).
- Emergency card/cash disbursement.
- Optional low cost life insurance.
- Low foreign transaction fee when you use your Share-Secured Visa Power Card™ outside the U.S. – UECU charges you what Visa charges us and we don’t increase the fee. You’ll pay 1.00% of the converted transaction amount for all multiple currency transactions and only 0.80% for all for all single currency transactions. Many banks charge you up to 3.00% on foreign credit card transactions.
- Lost or stolen cards can be reported outside UECU’s normal business hours by calling 800-543-5073.
* Transactions must be signature-based; PIN-based transactions do not earn VantagePoints™. Points are earned net of credits. Rate reduction can be used on a new loan only. Rate reduction cannot be used on Visa® Power Card™, Home Equity Loans, Mortgages or Lines of Credit. Maximum loan principal limit of $100,000 when redeeming a VantagePoints™ rate reduction.
Mailing Address for Visa Payments:
Utilities Employees Credit Union
P.O. Box 4518
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4518